Over Fifteen Local Choirs Will Sing Before Performances of A Christmas Carol
(Cleveland, OH) - Great Lakes Theater (GLT)will shine the spotlight on a different Northeast Ohio choir 30 minutes prior to each performance of A Christmas Carol. The sounds of the season can be enjoyed by audience members from within the Mimi Ohio Theatre as over 430 individuals from 16 Northeast Ohio choirs perform holiday classics.
Choirs will perform pre-show according to the following schedule:
- Friday, November 29 - The Men of Independence
- Saturday, November 30 (matinée) - St. Joseph Parish Choir
- Saturday, November 30 (evening) - The Singing Angels
- Sunday, December 1 - Divine Word Choir & Friends
- Thursday, December 5 - Constellation Schools Old Brooklyn Honors Choir
- Friday, December 6 - Constellation Schools Parma Community High Concert Saturday, December 7 (matinée) - The Greater Cleveland Chorus
- Sunday, December 8 - Bay High School Choraleers
- Thursday, December 12 - Tri-C Vocal Arts Academy Choir
- Friday, December 13 - Firelands Honors Choir
- Saturday, December 14 (matinée) - St. Bernadette School Choir
- Saturday, December 14 (evening) - Saint Joseph Academy Chorale
- Sunday, December 15 (matinée) - Brimfield Elementary 5th Grade Choir
- Sunday, December 15 (evening) - Berea Midpark High School Symphonic Singers
- Thursday, December 19 - Canterra Musica of the Oberlin Choristers
- Friday, December 20 - Southeast Swing Choir
- Saturday, December 21 (matinée) - Gayle Gett’s Holiday Flute Ensemble
The pre-show choir program has been part of A Christmas Carol for 14 years. Since 2005, audiences have enjoyed over 200 choirs. As the program continues to grow and expand, choirs are encouraged to contact Jeremy Lewis if they are interested in being part of this holiday tradition.
GLT presents its beloved production of Charles Dickens' classic A Christmas Carol, running November 29 – December 22, 2019 at the Mimi Ohio Theatre, Playhouse Square. The production has delighted more than 750,000 people in its history, making it one of Northeast Ohio’s most-loved and best-attended holiday events.
Curtain times for all evening performances will remain at 7:30 p.m., with a 1:30 p.m. curtain time for Saturday matinées and a 3:00 p.m. curtain time for Sunday matinées. An audio-described and sign interpreted performance is scheduled for Sunday, December 1st at 3:00 p.m.
Single tickets for Great Lakes Theater’s production of A Christmas Carol range in price from $28-$75 (student tickets $26 – any performance / any seat) and are available by calling (216) 241-6000, by ordering online at www.greatlakestheater.org or by visiting the Playhouse Square Ticket Office. Groups of ten or more receive discounts and should call (216) 241-4457 to make reservations.
Great Lakes Theater, the first resident company of Playhouse Square, has brought the pleasure, power and relevance of classic theater to the widest possible audience since 1962. GLT programming reaches over 100,000 adults and students annually.
November 20, 2019
Category: Press Releases