"Are We All Met?"
-A Midsummer Night's Dream III, i
Keep up with all things Great Lakes Theater. Our blog is a great way to learn about the very latest Great Lakes Theater news/notes and enjoy extraordinary "behind-the-scenes" access to the creative process of our artistic company.
December 12, 2012 - 2 comment(s)
2013 SONGWRITING CONTEST
Check out the details and listen to the winning songs and stream the original broadcast online!
Check back soon for details about our 2014 contest.
Are you a solo artist or in a band? Do you write/perform original songs? We want to hear.
Great Lakes Theater is producing MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING this April at PlayhouseSquare’s Hanna Theatre in downtown Cleveland. We are looking for original, new songs composed by Ohio students who are inspired by this Shakespearean classic. Songs can be in any style, including instrumentals. There are no entry or registration fees.
Four Grand Prize Winners Will Receive:
· $250 cash prize
· Professionally engineered studio recording of winning song at WCPN’s state-of-the-art facility in downtown Cleveland
· Professionally produced CDs of the four grand prize winners’ songs, and their “behind the music” interviews, with host Dee Perry
· Song and interview played on Dee Perry’s award-winning program “Around Noon,” WCPN 90.3 FM, on April 23, 2013 (Shakespeare’s 449th birthday!)
· Free tickets to Great Lakes Theater’s spring production of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
· Students must be Ohio residents and in grades 6 – 12, or undergraduates attending a certified Ohio college or university
· Songwriter(s) must read, or have already read, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
· Song must have a clear connection to Shakespeare’s play
· Must be a brand new song, not one you’ve already written
· Songs can be submitted in any format (CD, MP3, etc.)
· If not an instrumental, lyrics must be submitted with song entry
· Sign up for the contest by February 13, 2013
· Submit your original, new, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING-inspired song by March 15, 2013
· Winners will be notified and recording/interview sessions scheduled in late March
Email David Hansen or call 216-241-5490 x309. Sign up today!
To see previous winners, click here.
October 28, 2012 - leave a comment
THANK YOU to the the EXTRAORDINARY presenters (from left to right: Dr. Richard Lederman, M.D., Ph.D., Department of Neurology at the Cleveland Clinic, Heidi M. Weiker, co-owner of Spherica LLC and Holistic Coach, Jennifer Schwartz Wright, Interim Director and Program Manager of Art Therapy Studio and Jessica Wallis, Founding Director of Ballet in Cleveland) who generously shared their knowlege and insight as part of our Classics & Conversations panel discussion exploring the powerful connections between art and medicine before this evening's performance of "The Imaginary Invalid." Special thanks to the 80+ attendees for joining in the discussion. We look forward to continuing the relationships and conversations in the future. Thanks for a truly great evening.
October 19, 2012 - leave a comment
AUDIO REWIND: Did you miss today's WCPN broadcast of "Around Noon" which featured an interview with GLT Producing Artistic Director, Charles Fee and GLT Artistic Associate/and core acting company member, Sara M. Bruner? No worries! Give a listen now for some sublime sounds about and insights into our current productions of "The Imaginary Invalid" and "The Winter's Tale" on stage now at the Hanna Theatre. (Advance to 20:51 in the stream for the GLT interview and enjoy.)
Click here to give a listen!
August 22, 2012 - leave a comment
As we prepare to embark upon our 2012-13 season, we thought it a great time to take one last look back at the exciting year that was. From all of us at Great Lakes Theater, we say thanks to you for making our 50th anniversary season such a success. We hope to see you in the coming year. Here's to a blockbuster 51st!
Learn more about how you can support Cleveland's Classic Company.
January 04, 2012 - 1 comment(s)
Congratulations to the grand-prize winners of our 2012 Bardstock Songwriting Contest!
Eye & Ear Candy:
Read The Plain Dealer's feature article about Bardsotck.
Listen to WCPN's broadcast of Bardstock FM 2012 which aired on April 23rd.
Check out the grand prize winning music tracks. (Scroll down to hear the songs.)
We look forward to continuing the lagacy of Bardstock. If you are interested in participating in the contest during the coming year, drop us a line. Check back soon for details about our 2013 edition of the program.