"Are We All Met?"
-A Midsummer Night's Dream III, i
Keep up with all things Great Lakes Theater. Our blog is a great way to learn about the very latest Great Lakes Theater news/notes and enjoy extraordinary "behind-the-scenes" access to the creative process of our artistic company.
December 12, 2012 - leave a comment
2013 SONGWRITING CONTEST
Check out the details and listen to the winning songs and stream the original broadcast online!
Check back soon for details about our 2014 contest.
Are you a solo artist or in a band? Do you write/perform original songs? We want to hear.
Great Lakes Theater is producing MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING this April at PlayhouseSquare’s Hanna Theatre in downtown Cleveland. We are looking for original, new songs composed by Ohio students who are inspired by this Shakespearean classic. Songs can be in any style, including instrumentals. There are no entry or registration fees.
Four Grand Prize Winners Will Receive:
· $250 cash prize
· Professionally engineered studio recording of winning song at WCPN’s state-of-the-art facility in downtown Cleveland
· Professionally produced CDs of the four grand prize winners’ songs, and their “behind the music” interviews, with host Dee Perry
· Song and interview played on Dee Perry’s award-winning program “Around Noon,” WCPN 90.3 FM, on April 23, 2013 (Shakespeare’s 449th birthday!)
· Free tickets to Great Lakes Theater’s spring production of MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
· Students must be Ohio residents and in grades 6 – 12, or undergraduates attending a certified Ohio college or university
· Songwriter(s) must read, or have already read, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING
· Song must have a clear connection to Shakespeare’s play
· Must be a brand new song, not one you’ve already written
· Songs can be submitted in any format (CD, MP3, etc.)
· If not an instrumental, lyrics must be submitted with song entry
· Sign up for the contest by February 13, 2013
· Submit your original, new, MUCH ADO ABOUT NOTHING-inspired song by March 15, 2013
· Winners will be notified and recording/interview sessions scheduled in late March
Email David Hansen or call 216-241-5490 x309. Sign up today!
To see previous winners, click here.